In this episode we explore the differential diagnosis of postpartum fever.
Show notes and message board can be found at www.obgyn.fm
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the slack community.
- Puerperal Pyrexia: A Review Part 1 and Part 2
- Prevalence of postpartum infections: a population-based observational study
- Lactation Mastitis
- Lactation Mastitis: Occurrence and Medical Management among 946 Breastfeeding Women in the United States
- Prevention and treatment of postpartum endometritis.
- Early Postpartum Endometritis: The Role of Bacteria, Genital Mycoplasmas, and Chlamydia trachomatis.
- A comparison of once-daily and 8-hour gentamicin dosing in the treatment of postpartum endometritis
- Abbreviated Antibiotic Therapy for the Treatment of Postpartum Endometritis.
- The association between manual removal of the placenta and postpartum endometritis following vaginal delivery
- Prophylactic antibiotics for manual removal of retained placenta in vaginal birth
- Association of post-cesarean delivery endometritis with colonization of the chorioamnion by Ureaplasma urealyticum
- Postcesarean wound infection: prevalence, impact, prevention, and management challenges
- Antimicrobial-Associated Risk Factors for Clostridium difficileInfection
- The effect of manual removal of the placenta on post-cesarean endometritis
- Breast Engorgement and Postpartum Fever.
- Antibiotic regimens for postpartum endometritis
- Antibiotic prophylaxis during the second and third trimester in pregnancy to reduce adverse pregnancy outcomes and morbidity
- Vaginal cleansing before cesarean delivery to reduce post-cesarean infections
- Fever and deep venous thrombosis. Findings from the RIETE registry
- Adjunctive Azithromycin Prophylaxis for Cesarean Delivery
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Oral Antibiotic Therapy Following Intravenous Antibiotic Therapy for Postpartum Endometritis.
- Prophylactic antibiotics for manual removal of retained placenta during vaginal birth: a systematic review of observational studies and meta-analysis
- Methods of delivering the placenta at caesarean section